Can you write witty, original, and engaging articles? If yes, guest blogging may be the perfect opportunity for you!
It’s a great way to get recognition and to get your work seen. But the question is, how do you go about finding these opportunities? Well, this article will give you an insight on how to go about searching for existing guest blogging opportunities.
What Do You Hope to Achieve from Guest Blogging?
This is the first question that you need to ask yourself. What do I hope to achieve from guest blogging? Think about it. What are my goals? If one of your main goal is to earn extra cash you will need to check out some guest post pricing in the industry before determining on what to charge.
Establishing your goals will set the foundation as to the type of platform that you choose for your guest blog. So, your goal for guest blogging may be:
- To become famous in the blogging industry.
- To receive more web traffic.
- To promote your website.
- To link external websites to yours (back-linking).
- To make connections.
- To earn extra cash.
Achieving these goals is not impossible. If you can write quality and original content on blogs that have a large engaged audience, the possibility exists for you to achieve these goals. But how can you find these blogs?
Where to Find Guest Blogging Opportunities
There are different ways that you can find guest blogging opportunities. Let’s look at three of the most popular ones.
Let google be the first place you start your guest blogging search. When searching google, using specific keywords will reap maximum benefits.
For example, if your niche is technical writing, then you would do a keyword search like “technical writing guest blogging opportunities”. Google result will show you all the websites that need technical writers. Clicking on the links will take you to the website’s submission and guideline page.
Social Network Search
You can find many bloggers on social network. As a matter of fact, most popular blogging sites usually have a Facebook page for their blogs, a twitter account, and an Instagram account. Do a search for “guest post” on any of these networks to find guest post opportunities in your niche.
Work with other bloggers. This will give you an opportunity to find the latest development in the blogging industry, especially in your niche. As a matter of fact, blogger outreach is the “very best way to build links to direct more traffic to your website”.
Also, websites like lovingda.com does research, outreach, and content production, and guess what? They will submit content on your behalf to the guest website of your choice with your name as the author.
What to Search for When Searching for Guest Blogging Opportunities
Apart from using the relevant keywords when searching for guest blogging opportunities, you also must do the following:
- Search for sites that are in your niche.
- Make sure that you can deliver original and quality content.
- Make sure that the blog has an engaged audience and attracts comments.
- Make sure the blog owner has an active social media presence.
These four points are important because they make the preparation to pitch a guest post easier.
Preparing Your Guest Post Pitch
Once you find guest blogging opportunities, you will need to send your pitches. But wait, you cannot just send pitches in a hurry. You need to do the following:
- Familiarize yourself with the bloggers’ content to see the type of content that they write and the audience for which they write.
- Examine websites owners’ autobiography to see if you both have anything in common. This will help when you introduce yourself.
- Examine several of the posts to see which ones are more interactive and have more comments. This will give you a feel of the topics that are of interest.
Once you are familiar with the websites of your choice and feel comfortable in sending your pitch, then do so!
Important Guest Blogging Tips
- Read the submission guideline carefully to know the expectations.
- Introduce yourself to the blog owners in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate persuasion by telling the blog owners why you should write them a guest post and what they will achieve from your writing.
- Have a portfolio ready in the event they ask for it.
- Make sure that you have a professional website.
Finding guest post opportunities can be quite easy if you know what your goals are. Use the relevant searching platforms and the right keywords to conduct your search to find guest blogging opportunities that are available.
When pitching to websites of your interest, make sure that you understand the requirements before sending your pitch. Once you follow the instructions clearly and feel comfortable that you are ready, go ahead and pitch!